We’re turning up the heat today and I’m not talking temperature! My guest is Kamy Chetty, whose debut release Falling Into Paradise, is a red-hot read. Kamy is very kindly offering a copy of her book to one lucky commenter. But first, here’s Kamy.
Thanksgiving is a time to be with family and be grateful for everything good in your life. Unfortunately not everyone has that opportunity and in Paradise Falls there are many little traditions that Sophie finds hard to come to terms with because she never had the best of childhoods.
I love baking and the thing I love most about it, is having my kids help. If only Sophie had the kind of relationship with her mother that Damon has with his, it makes me wonder what kind of story this would have been.
But today I have the recipe for Damon’s favourite Thanksgiving Pie and I hope you like it too 🙂
This recipe is from Nigella Lawson
- 1 packet(s) shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup(s) cane sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3 cup(s) Golden syrup (scant cups)
- 2 tablespoon(s) dark rum
- ¼ cup(s) unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) Pecan nuts (broken)
- Whipped cream (sweetened or vanilla ice cream for serving)- Damon likes whipped cream.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a large circle about 1/8 inch thick. Fit it, without stretching, into a buttered 9-inch pie pan. Trim off the excess dough, leaving a ¾-inch border.
- Fold under the edge of the dough, pressing along the rim or the pan and forming a high, fluted border.
- Chill the pie shell until needed. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, Golden Syrup or corn syrup, rum, and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for about 1 minute, stirring constantly and scraping back any foam that clings to the sides of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat; set aside to cool to lukewarm, at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F degrees, with a rack in the lower third.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs until creamy. Beat the eggs into the cooled syrup; stir in the vanilla, salt, and pecans. Pour the filling into the pie shell. Bake until the filling is set but still slightly wobbly in the center, about 50 minutes. Cool the pie completely on a wire rack.
- Serve the pie at room temperature with plenty of slightly sweetened whipped cream
So do you have any favourite recipes or family cooking moments you’d like to share. A lucky commenter will receive an e-book of my debut release Falling into Paradise. Thank you so much for having me here and letting me share this with you!
A woman too afraid to commit. A man too hurt to love again. A passion that refuses to be denied.
Sophie Redmond knew betrayal, she knew mistrust. She knew everything that was wrong with the world, until Damon Watson charmed his way into her life.
The rules she used to shield her heart were broken one by one, as Damon showed her compassion and kindness.
When no one else believes in her, he shows her hope. But is hope ever enough?
Damon knew trouble when he saw it. He was the sheriff. He could spot it a mile away and Sophie was trouble with a capital T. What was it about this City Slicker doctor that made him want to forget everything but those whiskey brown eyes and that honey blonde hair spilled against his naked chest.
Can Damon put the past behind him and choose to love again?
Kamy Chetty around the web: